Contract MIA

Thursday 20th August '09

The last few days have been so stressful. The offer I placed on the block of land was accepted, but the signed contract was yet to make its appearance at the real estate agent's office. After being reassured that my builder, broker and myself would get a copy of the scanned contract sometime yesteryday afternoon at the latest, I was pretty anxious that I hadn't received it yet. The builder informed me that if he did not receive the contract by today, I would most probably incur additional costs since the price of building materials had increased on the 15th August.

I rang the real estate agent - ATTREE - and spoke to the manager on duty. He called back shortly to tell me that they did not know where the contract was, but that it was assumed to be in transit to their offices after several day's delay.

*Grrrr*


No matter how frustrated I felt, I had to restrain myself and be as polite as I could so as not to annoy the real estate agents because I didn't want to run the risk of them delaying things even further out of spite.

By the early afternoon, I finally received a call from my agent to inform me he had managed to pick up the contract from the developer and soon after I received the scanned copies.

Another hurdle crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment