Here we go, here we go, here we go!

Friday 14th August '09

This is it! I am ready to face the new challenge of owning my own home. And the huge debt that comes along with it. It's happened so fast, it's been a rather stressful yet exciting whirlwind.

Sunday 9th Aug: Went with Meng and Kong to the land sales office to check out the House & Land package that I saw advertised online while browsing last night. I loved the location of the land - right between the Livingston Shopping Centre and IGA just down the road.

I went to see the display home and fell in love with it. I had seen the plans online and loved the open space living area but seeing the display home just drove it all home for me. I wanted this.

Monday 10th Aug: I went down to the land sale office to put an offer in. While the agent was starting the paperwork for me, someone came into the office with a problem - it was his settlement day but he hadn't been given the keys. The agent had to close up the office and go sort it out. I was annoyed with this, but reasoned with myself that it would give me time to take a copy of the contract home to read and think about overnight.

Wednesday 11th Aug: I went to see the display home again and set things in motion by starting the paperwork. With time to spare before my appointment with the finance broker, I went to the land sales office and fortunately I did, because the agent didn't have the necessary information to get my paperwork ready. We arranged an appointment for the next morning for me to officially put the offer in on the land.

I met the finance broker and we put together my loan application.

Thursday 13th Aug: I submitted my offer for the land.

Friday 14th Aug: The offer for the block of land was accepted!

No comments:

Post a Comment