Waiting...

Tuesday 22nd September '09

It's been over a month now and I'm still waiting. Waiting for the builders to get my contract ready for signing. Waiting for Keystart to decide whether they'll approve my finance. Waiting for that phone call to get me to go and sign my financial freedom away for the next few decades.

Meanwhile, I'm trying not to think too much about the actual house. I've been focusing more on the budgeting but during those moments when I do let myself fantasise about the home that I will be building, I can't help but feel a rush of excitement and I literally chuckle in glee at the thought of my own kitchen.

I took these photos of the display home during my last visit. I know some of you have gone to see it with me already, while others of you are eager to know what it looks like. You want to know what was so special about this house that I decided I wanted it within seconds of looking at it. And only just this one house. There were no others. I knew that this was the one I wanted. I knew before I even saw the display home. I could see the potential in the house plans that I printed off the website. Even a few weeks later when I looked at the other display homes down the street, it only delighted me knowing that I didn't feel that panicked dread - "Oh no, this one's better than the one I chose. Is it too late to change my mind!?"

I remember approaching the display home for the first time that day...I was already grinning before I even stepped foot inside. As soon as I saw the kitchen area, I was smitten.

Yes, House. You had me at hello.


the living area - dining, kitchen, living room


I love the open plan living area of this house. It just opens up the house and as you step inside from the front door, you can see all the way through to the back alfresco area. The second I saw the kitchen, images leapt into my head of people standing by the island counter with cocktails poised to their lips; people sitting around the sofa nearby; and others outside in the alfresco area enjoying a BBQ. I could see it in my mind - it's an entertainer's heaven. I can just see myself entertaining in this house.

the ensuite bathroom


the entertainment room


the gorgeous alfresco


Of course, all I'll have is a bit of paving out the back but I do love the decking and hope to adopt a similar look for my backyard when it's done.

So...there you have it. A few photos for a sneak preview of where the party will be at.

No comments:

Post a Comment