Friday 2nd October '09

I thought I'd check to see if many of the other lots in the strata were still available. I was delighted to see the online listing of my block.

My block's UNDER OFFER - by ME!


With the all important contract signed and submitted with the rest of the paperwork to Keystart, I've been trying to get my head around the fact that this is all pretty much a done deal. I've already provided Keystart with enough information for them to assess that I am eligible for the finance and have conditional approval. My finance broker has sent them a copy of my builders contract and it should take about ten days for them to get back to me.

Each night I've been drifting off to sleep running figures through my mind. On paper my budget will see me through ok with the repayments and even if we're calculating the minimum repayments based on an interest rate of 8.0%, I should still be able to meet them. *nods*

Soo...I'm feeling quite at peace with everything. I'm not stressed. I'm not worried. Although friends are warning me of how stressful and agonising building a home can be, I actually believe I'm going to enjoy this! The house includes everything except the lighting fixtures and additional things that I want to include, so it's all just a matter of picking out colours and adhering to a schedule that the builder has laid out for me. I don't need any further structural changes, and I'm an extremely organised person and like to keep well-informed so I feel excited about this 'project'.

Once finance approval is obtained, settlement will need to take place. Then I need to get the title for the block of land before building can commence. See - I'm organised!

No comments:

Post a Comment