FRACK

Wednesday 11th November '09

Hey all,

Thanks for all your best wishes with the house.

Unfortunately, I’ve had some terrible news. I received a call from my real estate agent yesterday, informing me that the developer has announced to them that titles will not be issued on the properties in the strata that my block is in. They had no other information than that and I am to wait for a written correspondence from the developer, which will hopefully include the reason for this situation.

I have no land to put my house on.

I was stunned. I felt like I had just walked into a dark room and didn’t know what was in the room with me. I was on my way to my car after work, so I drove home in a daze. It didn’t really hit me until I got home and saw a large white envelope protruding from my mailbox. It was the contracts from Keystart for me to sign. How cruelly ironic.

Just as I was about to hit the bottle, my builder rang me. I thought he was going to hit me with more bad news but he actually offered me a possible solution. I tried not to get too excited because there was every chance that this was a hopeless cause.

I have no doubt that I’m going to lose the 21K First Home Owners Grant.

I could still try for the 14K that’s available before the end of the December…but I don’t know whether I have the energy. I think I know how you feel Meng…I could do it. I could rush to find another place, maybe even an existing house. But after the last three months of ups and downs with getting contracts signed within tight timeframes…I don’t know if I want to go through all that again. Maybe this is a bullet dodged. Maybe it just wasn’t meant to be. Maybe I should take the money and go to Europe. Splurge on a big holiday.

Or maybe I should keep saving until I have a deposit for a house later in the future.

Frackin' Frack me.

No comments:

Post a Comment