Foundations are Down!

Sunday 7th November 2010

Woo!

I drove past the block yesterday and braked to a sudden stop when I first saw a large hole dug up in the front of the block. Then, as my eyes crept upwards, lo and behold -

I HAD A CONCRETE SLAB!!


I sat in the car, in the middle of the street, jumping up and down in my seat and squealing in disbelief. Then as I rounded the corner to the rear of the block, I started tearing up. Tears of excitement, joy and relief. Relief that all the heartache and frustration I've gone through over the past year is finally materialising into a physical form.

As with all other slabs I've seen, mine looks incredibly small. It's hard to believe that it's going to big enough to form my house. I had to peek into the neighbour's house (who are building the same house as me) to convince myself that my house is going to be of normal size and not a miniature version.

The view from the front.


The view from the back.
The large space is for where the garage and alfresco are to go.


These are the plumbing works for my ensuite bathroom.


Here's where the kitchen is going to be!

It's such a far cry from the state it used to be in.

*sings*
I'm so excited!
And I just can't hide it!
I'm about to lose control and I think I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment