Storm Pipe

Friday 27th May 2011

The other day Dad pointed out to me that one of my downpipes was not aligned with the storm pipe drain below. I knew which one he was talking about straight away because I had noticed this too. However, I had thought that it was perhaps supposed to be like that to allow for excess water to drain into the ground if the storm pipe overflows.

Not the case.

I contacted the builders immediately to get them to come out and amend this because the cement guys are coming on Monday morning and I intend to have cement cast around the storm pipe drain.



I forgot to take a photo when it was misaligned.

The building supervisor came out today while I was there (I was lugging bricks from the front of the house to the side to make room for the cement) and he got stuck into it with a shovel. I thought that they would have to extend the pipe underground or something but no, he simple dug deep enough to reach the pipe that ran beneath the ground, moved it into the correct position underneath the downpipe and then replaced the dirt over it.

Makes you think why they didn't just get it right in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment