Bricks

Wednesday 14th July 2010

Recently I diligently went around to various showrooms and businesses to try to complete my Prestart checklist.

I have chosen my bricks!

I have always liked the earthy toned bricks so it wasn't a tough decision. I went to visit the Austral Bricks display at the Home Base Expo on Salvado Road in Subiaco. After a bit of a wait to get some help from someone, the lady was actually very helpful and explained the brick selection to me very well. She explained the difference between 1 course and 2 course bricks. 1 course are pretty much your standard brick and 2 course are twice the size. The 2 course bricks are becoming quite popular but I still prefer the 1 course bricks. I think it gives the house more of a quaint charm, whereas the 2 course bricks give the house a more modern look.

My choice? I love the look of Dampier
I love the earthy red hues running through the bricks.


Here's an example of the 2 course 'Prevelly Limestone' bricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment