Little steps...

Tuesday 23rd July 2010
I've had some dramas with the builders charging me an extra $3500 because they claim my titles took too long to issue. I've disputed this since I have email evidence that I informed them when my titles were ready and it was their oversight and lack of attention to detail that has caused a delay in my construction progress. They've backed down to give me a 'discount' but I don't think I'm going to get them to waive the whole cost. *Aargh!!*

Anyways, I'm trying to fight the battles that I can win. I got in touch with my new neighbours on the strata and they are two months ahead of me. They're expecting their slabs to go down any day now.

I went to prestart last week and finalised all my colours and fittings. I was extremely disappointed to find out that the kitchen splashback tiles I had chosen were going to cost almost $2000 extra!! Needless to say I'm not going ahead with those.

I've also changed my choice of roof tiles so that it will suit the rendering colour that I want. I think I am very happy with my final choices.

I also spent time altering my electrical plans. I consulted my cousins who are electricians by trade and I think I have come up with a good electrical plan. Lots of power points! Pity that my strata only has one phase power available.

All there is to do now is show proof that I have the available funds to pay for the variations and additional selections. They say it will take about six weeks for my final building plans to be ready and then the slab should go down very soon after that. So I'm looking at about two months until the slab goes down.

It's all getting very exciting!



No comments:

Post a Comment