Making Progress!

Tuesday 1st February 2011

Yes, it is now the first day of February, 2011, and I have finally gotten around to posting an update. It's getting quite exciting and I can't help squealing with delight each time I approach the house and spot something new.


Tuesday 4th January 2011


Wooden roof rafters for the roof frame have been delivered to the site.


Friday 14th January 2011




The rafters for the roof are up!


The alfresco covering is up too!


Wednesday 19th January 2011

It looks like they've tidied some of the mess out the front.


It's really starting to look like a house now! With the roof starting to go up, I can now get a better feeling for the space inside. I can start picturing where the furniture is going to go.


Saturday 22nd January 2011




The roof tiles have been delivered! Originally, I had chosen an orangey/terracotta colour to match the bricks, but I later changed my mind because I've always pictured my home to have a charcoal coloured roof. The colour I have settled on is 'Monsoon'.


The fascia has been installed.




The electricians appear to have made a visit.


Thursday 27th January 2011


"There's a house with floor, with a floor, with a floor
There's a house with a wall, with a wall, with a wall
There's a house with a roof, with a roof, with a roof..."


The roof tiles have been installed!! Aside from the lack of windows and door, it looks like a house!


We have downpipes, which I assume means the guttering is probably done too.


I have a tap!


This must be where the hot water system will be installed.


I've been in touch with the builders to see if they can give me an estimated date of completion but they reckon it's still too early to tell.

*squeals in delight*

No comments:

Post a Comment