Plaster Faster!

Sunday 27th February 2011

The day that I was due to fly out to Singapore, I received an email while I was out buying last minute things for the trip. It was from the builders to inform me that one of the colours of the laminate I had selected for some of the cupboards in the kitchen was now discontinued. You could either perceive this as good timing or bad timing. Good timing because they reached me before I fly overseas, or bad timing because I'm about to fly overseas!

I rushed to the tiles centre, which is on the way home via a slight detour, and started looking for alternative colours. However, since it's been a while since I chose the colours for the kitchen, I couldn't be sure what the other colours I had chosen were. I had to wait for my construction supervisor to return my call while agonising over about ten different shades of white.

I think I sort of struck it lucky. When I saw that my neighbours have gone with a predominantly white kitchen, I thought it does help to make the area seem more spacious and you can play around with white much more than you can with the colour resembling metallic copper I had chosen. Not unhappy, Jan.

Anyhow, here are some photos of the house!


Monday 7th February 2011


The rendering to the front of the house is done!
It just needs to be painted.



The concrete has been applied to the internal walls.


The ceilings have been done too.
They just need to be finished off and painted.


Wednesday 9th February 2011


The showers and taps have been marked out in my ensuite.


The second bathroom also has the taps all marked out.


This is where the kitchen bench is going!


Today was the first time my Dad has seen my house since he's been working away alot. He wasn't impressed with the graffiti that we found on what will one day be my dining room wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment