Lockup!

Sunday 27th February 2011

Woo!!

We have finally reached LOCKUP stage!

I received an email while in Singapore last week to inform me that the house is now in the 'lockup' stage and I punched my fist through the air and hissed 'Yes!' while standing at the MRT station.

I couldn't wait to get back and take some photos!

The windows and doors have all been installed, except the garage door. So, now I can't go inside to take photos!

But, I noticed that some of the windows were ajar so I was able to stick my arm through with the camera and take a few photos of the inside.


Wednesday 23rd February 2011


I was worried about the choice of colour for the rendering to the front of the house. It's so difficult to look at little tiny squares of different coloured paints and decide which one of the thousands of colours you want for your house to be. Everyone is going to see it but most importantly, it needs to be a good colour choice since I'll be looking at it everyday when I leave home and arrive home.

As I approached the house, I couldn't help but squeal in delight. I am very happy with the choice in colour. My friends know that purple is my favourite colour but I didn't want to go full on purple because that would have looked weird. I chose this colour because I hoped that it was look more mauve and compliment the roof tiles. I think it does! Couldn't be happier!


The plastering has been completed! I will need to paint the walls myself though.


The laundry sink is in!


The tiles for the bathrooms and laundry have been delivered.


I was amused that my nails match the rendering!


I've been told that from the lockup date, it is usually ten weeks to completion but apparently my house is making quick progress and at this stage it is two weeks ahead of schedule. Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment