DIY: Patching Walls

Tuesday 10th May 2011

I remember watching my Dad patch up walls around our family home when I was younger. I was really interested in all the do-it-yourself things my Dad does. He is such a jack-of-all-trades and it's amazing how he can do pretty much everything around the house himself. He paved our backyard. He landscaped our front yard (albeit rather rundown now due to lack of maintenance). He installed our backyard patio. He paints. He fixes and services our cars. He built our outdoor kitchen complete with a sink.

Anyhow, although I have never patched up a wall myself up until now, I have always known the basics to doing it and have even told others how to do it.




Find a crack/scratch in the plaster on the wall.



Using a scraping utensil, fill the crack with a filler compound ie Selley's Spakfilla.



Using the straight edge, wipe to remove any excess and allow it to dry.



It may require some light sanding afterwards.

Easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment