Featuring: Berry Smoothie

Saturday 14th May 2011
With the walls prepped and primed in the master bedroom, I began applying the paint for my feature walls this afternoon.



I have chosen Dulux's Berry Smoothie.

1L for $15 from the paint supplier.

Yes, I originally wanted to go with a deep, royal purple but I decided that it would make the choices for coordinating the furnishings and other wall colours somewhat limited. With the reddish colour I have chosen, it adds a warmth to the room and I can coordinate it with browns, pinks, purples and whites. Much more room for depth of colour.



My blank canvas.



Right, so first I went around and painted the edges and around the power outlets. I used a rectangular shaped paint edger. I got the knack of using it pretty quickly but I didn't realise that there were little wheels on one side. They are there so that you can roll the edger along the wall and keep it straight and away from the undersides of the cornices or the floor when you're painting along these edges. I also had to adjust how much paint I was loading the edger with because if I had too much, it would drip. Luckily I have the drop sheets in place!

I also had to go around with a brush to fix up the corners and finer detail in the edges and window.



Once all the edges were done, I started rolling on the paint.

I was a bit ambitious in trying to do the walk in robe as well but ran out of paint!



I kept at it even when the sun went down. Thankfully, my dad had installed a lightglobe into the fitting. I will have to return in the next few days to do some touchups but I think the one coat will suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment