Window Repairs

Friday 20th May 2011

One day, while I was busy taping the plastic drop sheets to the vinyl flooring in the theatre room, I noticed that there seemed to be a gap between the vinyl and bottom edge of the window frame. I lifted up the edge of the vinyl and was horrified to see that there was a big gaping hole along the entire length of cement beneath the window.


It was screaming out 'Hey cockroaches and mice, here's a nice snug home for you!'

I checked the window in the master bedroom and there was also a gap but not as large as the one in the theatre room.


A while back I had also noticed that the window frame in the dining room was not sitting flat against the floor. There is a little gap along the bottom edge between the floor and the window.

These little things that you easily miss on a visual inspection. I only noticed it because I happened to be down on my knees, taping drop sheets to the vinyl.

I let the building supervisor know and he came out last week to install an additional length of aluminium to cover up the gaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment